Friday 20 June 2014

The Wall

I'm no anarchist. But school is no more a place where you go to learn. Leaving all the stupidity the teenagers nowadays pass of as cool aside, the education system has fallen. Students honestly are living not lives of their own but of lives lived by a million others. I'll say this outright. School is necessary. But what's happened to a few of my co- schoolers.. It's affected me deeply. I've somehow always known what I wanted in life. But I'll tell you this... Nine of ten school-goers don't know what they want and would like to do. Confusion is natural but giving in to the long-written path only because of convenience and security? Is it correct? Because of its overuse, the phrase has lost its value but... You only live once, man. Don't waste it on something you don't want to do. The song that woke me from my slumber was Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall". It's not so much as being a rebel but fighting however little for something that has to happen. Stressing upon it highly, I'll repeat that knowledge and wisdom is important and we gain a lot of it in our school lives, but how is forcing someone to learn the economy system fair to someone who aspires to be a musician? Aren't we just indirectly discouraging them from pursuing what they want to? Isn't talent being crushed by our community? I'm not saying the schools intend to do that, but it's happening. Open your eyes. I know a dozen kids my age who, in this ruthless need for success are holding themselves back on life. Why, you ask? To please parents. To please the society. How ridiculous is that? To please OTHERS? Honestly, I comprehend the mindset of the orthodox. Who would want their child to fail in life? But by shaping them into what YOU want them to be, you're just going to be signing report cards all their life. That's all you'll do. They may be "passing", but I personally know people who feel that every passing second they're not living. They're just breathing. Barely getting past life in their cage. If only we were to look for a way that would be as much of school without wrecking dreams, I think this tyranny of being zombie would cease to exist. I fear a land where lives are robotic. I fear that we're heading there. To my fellowship, I plead... Don't be another brick in that wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment