Saturday 1 February 2014

Parts To Be Played

Am I real?
Or am I false?
I haven't no idea,
But I want to hear the calls.

I'm a character who got left behind,
In a story yet to come.
I'm the part of the song,
The writer forgot to hum.

I'm just stuck here,
Wedged in his head.
And I'm as real as a boy,
Yet as dead as a bed.

Easy it had seemed,
So I let myself go.
Carelessly I dreamed,
Ended before I could know.

There's things that tell me not to,
Yet things that tell me to.
Because there are things I've yet to say,
And things I've yet to do

There's something on inside,
That keeps me going.
I want to touch the water,
In the river that is flowing.

I've had enough,
I'm jumping in.
Either I'd kick the ball,
Or get kicked in the shin.

No matter big or small,
There's a part I have to play.
With every step I take,
His word I have to obey.

It's a small price for me,
That yet I have to pay.
Because there's things I have to do,
And things I have to say.

                     - ASK

No comments:

Post a Comment